দশম শ্রেণী ইংরেজি সাজেশন – WBBSE Class 10th English Suggestion
|দশম শ্রেণী ইংরেজি সাজেশন | OUR RUNAWAY KITE (Lucy Maud Montgomery) – Question and Answer | WBBSE Class 10th English Suggestion
দশম শ্রেণী ইংরেজি সাজেশন – WBBSE Class 10th English Suggestion – OUR RUNAWAY KITE (Lucy Maud Montgomery) – প্রশ্ন উত্তর দেওয়া হল নিচে। এই WBBSE Class 10th (X) Madhyamik English Suggestion – মাধ্যমিক দশম শ্রেণীর ইংরেজি সাজেশন – OUR RUNAWAY KITE (Lucy Maud Montgomery) – প্রশ্ন উত্তর গুলি আগামী সালের পশ্চিমবঙ্গ মাধ্যমিক ইংরেজি পরীক্ষার জন্য খুব ইম্পর্টেন্ট। আপনারা যারা মাধ্যমিক দশম শ্রেণীর ইংরেজি পরীক্ষার সাজেশন খুঁজে চলেছেন, তারা নিচে দেওয়া প্রশ্নপত্র ভালো করে পড়তে পারেন। এই পরীক্ষা তে কোশ্চেন গুলো আসার সম্ভাবনা খুব বেশি।
OUR RUNAWAY KITE (Lucy Maud Montgomery) – MCQ, SAQ, Short, Descriptive Question and Answer | মাধ্যমিক দশম শ্রেণী ইংরেজি সাজেশন – WBBSE Class 10th Madhyamik English Suggestion
WBBSE Class 10th English : OUR RUNAWAY KITE (Lucy Maud Montgomery) – Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)(1 Mark)
1. The children on the island had no one to
a. joke with them b. play with them c. run with them d. quarrel with them
Ans. b. play with them
2. To play with them on the island, the children had
a. everybody b. somebody c. nobody d. none of these
Ans. c. nobody
3. The number of children now living on the island are
a. five b. four c. three d. two
Ans. b. four
4. The thing that helped the family reunite was
a. a kite b. a tinsel star c. a lighthouse d. an old letter
Ans. a. a kite
5. The season when the children went back to the island was
a. winter b. summer c. autumn d. spring
Ans. d. spring
6. Philippa and Claude were
a. ten and eleven years old b. eleven and twelve years old c. twelve and thirteen years old d. thirteen and fourteen years old
Ans. b. eleven and twelve
7. People pitied the children because they were
a. fearsome b. weak c. lonesome d. hungry
Ans. c. lonesome
8. In winter, Philippa and Claude used to
a. study with others b. have fun with others c. quarrel with others d. fly kites with others
Ans. c. quarrel with others
9. The children were puzzled because they didn’t
a. have relations b. go to the mainland c. have their mother d. have any kites
Ans. b. go to the mainland
10. When he was asked about their other relations, Philippa’s father
a. looked indifferent b. became angry c. said nothing d. seemed sorrowful
Ans. d. seemed sorrowful
11. Summer on the Big Half Moon island is
a. sometimes lovely b. never lovely c. always lovely d. rarely lovely
Ans. c. always lovely
12. In summer, the harbour was mostly
a. green and quiet b. blue and calm c. turquoise and placid d. white and stromy
Ans. b. blue and calm
13. The hobby that attracted the children the most was
a. running pirate caves b. going to woods c. flying kites d. cutting out tinsel stars
Ans. c. flying kites
14. Claude was taught to make kites by
a. a boy b. Aunt Esther c. Dick d. his father
Ans. a. a boy
15. The game that the children played with kites was
a. shipwrecked mariners b. pirate caves c. half moon island d. need for speed
Ans. a. shipwrecked mari-ners
16. On the kite, the children pasted
a. red tinsel stars b. gold tinsel stars c. an old letter d. their names
Ans. b. gold tinsel stars
17. The accident with Philippa was that she
a. had her elbow bruised b. fell off a tree c. got stuck in a cave d. fell over the rocks
Ans. d. fell over the rocks
18. The children were desperate to fly kites before
a. the nightfall b. they went to the mainland c. going to school d. the wind fell
Ans. d. the wind fell
19. The first thing that came handy for patching up the kite was
a. a tinsel star b. an old letter c. a red paper d. another kite
Ans. b. an old letter
20. Claude looked foolish because
a. there was a hole in the kite b. the wind had fallen c. the cord had snapped d. the kite could not be flown
Ans. c. the cord had snapped
21. A month later, a letter came for
a. father b. aunt c. Claude d. Philippa
Ans. a. father years old
22. The letter that came for father made him
a. joyful b. cry c. angry d. worried
Ans. b. cry
23. Philippa’s father had
a. one brother and one sister b. two brothers and one sister c. one brother d. one sister
Ans. a. one brother and one sister
24. Philippa’s father quarrelled with
a. a. his sister b. Philippa c. his brother d. Dick and Mimi
Ans. c. his brother
25. When Philippa’s father came back, his brother
a. had fallen ill b. had gone missing c. refused to talk to him d. had died
Ans. d. had died
26. Aunt Esther was
a. divorced b. a widow c. married d. a spinster
Ans. b. a widow
27. Dick and Mimi found the kite on the top of
a. a tree b. a lighthouse c. a cave d. their house
Ans. a. a tree
28. Claude and Philippa were the names of Aunt Esther’s
a. grand parents b. uncle and aunt c. parents d. cousins
Ans. c. parents
29. The moment Aunt Esther read the letter, she
a. became worried b. became senseless c. became crazy d. became pale
Ans. d. became pale
30. Dick and Mimi were too jolly for
a. sentences b. words c. phrases d. alphabet
Ans. b. words
WBBSE Class 10th English : OUR RUNAWAY KITE (Lucy Maud Montgomery) – Very Short Answer Questions (VSAQ)(1 Mark)
1. Who was there to play with the children on Big Half Moon?
Ans. There was nobody to play with the children on the Big Half moon.
2. Why did the children have to make the most of each other?
Ans. The children had to make the most of each other because there was none to play with them on the island.
3. What story does Philippa want to tell us?
Ans. Philippa wants to tell us how their family was reunited on account of a kite.
4. What was funny to the children?
Ans. It was funny to the children that people pitied them when they went back to the island.
5. Why didn’t other children join Philippa and Claude on the island?
Ans. Philippa and Claude used to quarrel a lot with other children, so they didn’t join them on the island.
6. What question did the children ask themselves?
Ans. The children asked themselves why, like others, they didn’t have relations.
7. What couldn’t Philippa and Claude understand?
Ans. Philippa and Claude couldn’t understand why their father said that it was his fault that they didn’t have any relations.
8. How does the harbour be like in summer?
Ans. In summer, the harbour usually is blue and calm, with wind and ripples.
9. When did the children have some hobby?
Ans. The children had some hobby in summer.
10. What did the children do with kites?
Ans. The children would play Shipwrecked Mariners. During the game, they signaled to each other with kites.
11. What was beautiful about the big kite?
Ans. The big kite was covered with lovely red paper. With gold tinsel stars pasted and names of the children written on it.
12. Why were the children hurrying to fix the kite?
Ans. The children were hurrying to fix the kite because they wanted to send it up before the wind fell.
13. How did Philippa damage the kite?
Ans. The kite was damaged accidentally when Philippa tripped over rocks and her elbow cleared through the kite.
14. What happened after the kite was sent up in the air?
Ans. After the kite was sent up in the air, it soared very high, but suddenly its cord snapped and it sailed away.
15. How did Philippa’s father react when he read the letter?
Ans. When Philippa’s father finished reading the letter (sent by Aunt Esther), he seemed to be crying.
16. What story did Philippa’s father start telling?
Ans. Philippa’s father told the children the story of what had become of their kite. Actually, he started telling the story of his life.
17. How did Philippa’s father get separated from his siblings?
Ans. Philippa’s father quarrelled with his brother and went away from home.
18. How did the kite reach Aunt Esther?
Ans. Aunt Esther’s children Dick and Mimi got the kite in the woods and brought it home.
19. Why did Aunt Esther recognise the letter quickly?
Ans. Aunt Esther could recognise the letter quickly because she herself had written it to her brother.
20. What did Philippa’s father do the day after he had told the story?
Ans. The day after he had told the story, Philippa’s father went and brought Aunt Esther and her children with him.
WBBSE Class 10th English : OUR RUNAWAY KITE (Lucy Maud Montgomery) – Complete the following sentences with information from the text. 1 Mark
1. By profession, Philippa’s father was ________.
2. The family moved to the mainland ________.
Ans. in winter
3. People pitied the children because they thought________.
Ans. the children were lone-some
4. It was difficult to run games when there were________.
Ans. only two children
5. The children were puzzled because________ .
Ans. they had no relations
6. The children thought they had no relations perhaps because________.
Ans. they lived on an island
7. When the weather was blue and calm, the harbour had ________.
Ans. little wind and ripples
8. For playing ‘Shipwrecked Mariners’, Claude would go ________.
Ans. to the other side of the
9. On the kite, the children wrote ________.
Ans. their full names
10. The big hole in the kite was made because ________.
Ans. Philippa’s elbow went clear through it
11. After patching up the kite, the children ________ .
Ans. dried it by the fire
12. The cord snapped and the kite________.
Ans. sailed away
13. A letter came for Philippa’s father ________ .
Ans. a month
14. Having quarrelled with his brother, Philippa’s father________.
Ans. left home
15. When Philippa’s father came back, he found his brother dead, but ________.
Ans. couldn’t find his sister
16. On reading the letter, Aunt Esther ________.
Ans. became pale
17. Dick and Mimi carried the kite ________ .
Ans. home island
18. Aunt Esther wrote a letter to ________.
Ans. her brother/Philippa’s father
WBBSE Class 10th English : OUR RUNAWAY KITE (Lucy Maud Montgomery) – Short Answer Questions (SAQ)(2 Marks)
1. Why was there a sense of unhappiness in Philippa and Claude?
2. Why did Philippa’s father react in a strange way when he was asked about their relations?
3. Why were kites important to Philippa and Claude?
4. How did Philippa and Claude manage to fly the kite and what happened to it?
5. When did the author, his father and his brother go to the mainland?
6. Why did the people of the mainland pity them?
7. How did the authoress and her brother decorate the big kite?
8. How did the runaway kite reunited a family?
9. What was the real reason of Father’s sadness?
10. What is the theme of the story ‘Our Runaway Kite”?
State whether the following statements are True or False. Write ‘T’ for True and ‘F’ for False.Write words/ phrases/sentences from the text to support answer.(2 Marks)
1. The narrator wants to tell us about a kite.
2. Claude and Philippa have a huge age gap
3. In winter, the harbour is moderately cold.
4. Philippa and Claude longed for the company of other children.
5. The children on the island enjoyed a good relationship with the children on the mainland.
6. To the narrator, it was a great idea to have relations.
7. Philippa and Claude pursued only one hobby.
8. Philippa and Claude were not enthusiastic about kites.
9. Philippa and Claude wrote their first names on the kite.
10. The surname/family name of Claude & Philippa was Leete.
11. The children repaired the kite very quickly.
12. The children had to repair only one side of the kite.
13. When the cord snapped, the wind was blowing towards the island.
14. Father’s eyes looked moistened after he had read the letter.
15. Aunt Esther’s letter took more than three weeks to reach Philippa’s father.
16. Philippa’s uncle and father were equally responsible for the quarrel.
17. Aunt Esther had her husband living with him.
18. Dick and Mimi could perhaps climb trees.
19. Aunt Esther was shocked to see the letter.
20. Aunt Esther could only guess who the owner of the kite might be.