দশম শ্রেণী ইংরেজি সাজেশন – WBBSE Class 10th English Suggestion
|দশম শ্রেণী ইংরেজি সাজেশন | THE CAT (Andrew Barton Paterson) – Question and Answer | WBBSE Class 10th English Suggestion
দশম শ্রেণী ইংরেজি সাজেশন – WBBSE Class 10th English Suggestion – THE CAT (Andrew Barton Paterson) – প্রশ্ন উত্তর দেওয়া হল নিচে। এই WBBSE Class 10th (X) Madhyamik English Suggestion – মাধ্যমিক দশম শ্রেণীর ইংরেজি সাজেশন – THE CAT (Andrew Barton Paterson) – প্রশ্ন উত্তর গুলি আগামী সালের পশ্চিমবঙ্গ মাধ্যমিক ইংরেজি পরীক্ষার জন্য খুব ইম্পর্টেন্ট। আপনারা যারা মাধ্যমিক দশম শ্রেণীর ইংরেজি পরীক্ষার সাজেশন খুঁজে চলেছেন, তারা নিচে দেওয়া প্রশ্নপত্র ভালো করে পড়তে পারেন। এই পরীক্ষা তে কোশ্চেন গুলো আসার সম্ভাবনা খুব বেশি।
THE CAT (Andrew Barton Paterson) – MCQ, SAQ, Short, Descriptive Question and Answer | মাধ্যমিক দশম শ্রেণী ইংরেজি সাজেশন – WBBSE Class 10th Madhyamik English Suggestion
WBBSE Class 10th English : THE CAT (Andrew Barton Paterson) – Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)(1 Mark)
1. Most people think that the cat is
a. a lazy animal b. a sly animal c. a clever animal d. a stupid animal
Ans. d. a stupid animal
2. The two things that a cat cares for are
a. milk and rice b. milk and fish c. milk and mice d. milk and chocolate
Ans. c. milk and mice
3. A cat has really more characters than
a. some human beings b. a few human beings c. few human beings d. most human beings
Ans. d. most human beings
4. A cat allows himself to be pestered by the
a. guests b. other cats c. people d. attentions of the people
Ans. d. attentions of the distance
5. From life, the cat gets a lot of
a. worries b. satisfaction c. relaxation d. tension
Ans. b. satisfaction
6. Sometimes, a cat watches a
a. mouse b. mouse-hole c. mouse-trap d. mouse-family
Ans. b. mouse-hole
7. The character of the cat changes when
a. evening comes b. morning comes c. night comes d. daybreak comes
Ans. a. evening comes
8. To the writer, the cat is both
a. a player and acrobat b. an acrobat and swimmer c. a golfer and grim fighter d. an acrobat and athlete
Ans. d. an acrobat and athlete
9. The cat watches a mouse-hole for a few
a. seconds b. hours c. minutes d. none of these
Ans. b. hours
10. All day long, the cat loafs about the
a. fence b. backyard c. house d. empty shed
Ans. c. house
11. The cat makes his appearance when the family sits down to
a. dinner b. tea c. lunch d. breakfast
Ans. b. tea
12. The cat is civil to the guest
a. on the table b. upon the table c. near the table d. at the table
Ans. d. at the table
13. The cat rubs himself against
a. the hands b. the legs c. the trousers d. the table
Ans. b. the legs
14. The cat becomes tired of hearing
a. poor pet! b. poor Tom! c. poor pussy! d. poor cat!
Ans. c. poor pussy!
15. The guest pretends to be
a. amused b. amazed c. shocked d. angry
Ans. a. amused
16. Having eaten the fish, the cat
a. stays clase to the guest b. goes out of the room c. retires to a safe distance d. none of these
Ans. c. retires to a safe
17. The cat rakes the guest
a. coolly and sharply b. coolly but sharply c. quietly and firmly d. quietly but firmly
Ans. d. quietly but firmly
18. The cat wants the guest to give him
a. food b. milk c. food and drink d. mice
Ans. a. food
19. The guest wants to kick the cat out of the
a. door b. window c. table d. house
Ans. b. window people
20. The cat receives the piece of fish from the guest
a. carefully b. mewing c. carelessly d. purring
Ans. a. carefully
21. The cat stays away from the guest’s food
a. after eating food b. before eating food c. after drinking milk d. before eating mice
Ans. b. before eating food
22. Having finished tea, the family
a. plays cards b. eats dinner c. chat among themselves d. gathers round the fire
Ans. d. gathers round the fire
23. The house in which the cat lives has
a. a wall around it b. a fence around it c. trees around it d. other houses around it
Ans. b. a fence around it
24. The cat springs to the top of
a. the wall b. the shed c. the roof d. the fence
Ans. d. the fence
25. When evening falls, the cat behaves like
a. a panther b. a leopard c. a cheetah d. a jaguar
Ans. a. a panther
26. The cat checks if his
a. brain is in full working order b. muscles are in full working order c. claws are in full working order d. voice is in full working order
Ans. b. muscles are in full working order
27. The cat has his enemy in small boys with
a. guns b. yo-yos c. stones d. pebbles
Ans. c. stones
28. After darkness falls, cats change themselves into
a. warriors b. fighters c. criminals d. meek creatures
Ans. b. fighters
29. To the cats, the backyard is like a
a. playing ground b. running ground c. polo ground d. hunting ground
Ans. d. hunting ground
30. The cat would like to live with
a. other cats b. new tenants c. other cats and new tenants d. people who are moving out
Ans. c. other cats and new tenants
WBBSE Class 10th English : THE CAT (Andrew Barton Paterson) – Very Short Answer Questions (VSAQ)(1 Mark)
1. What do most people think about cats?
Ans. Most people think that the cat has no intelligence. It is fond of ease and cares only for mice and milk.
2. What qualities does the cat have?
Ans. The cat is an athlete, an acrobat and a ferocious fighter.
3. Why does the cat watch a mouse-hole?
Ans. The cat watches a mouse-hole so that he doesn’t die of boredom.
4. What does the cat allow himself to be?
Ans. The cat allows himself to be pestered by the attentions of the people.
5. When should one watch a cat?
Ans. One should watch a cat in the evening.
6. How does the cat try to draw attention?
Ans. The cat purrs noisily and rubs himself against the legs of the family members.
7. To whom is the cat particularly civil?
Ans. The cat is particularly civil to the guest of the house.
8. When does the cat rake the guest?
Ans. The cat gets tired of the guest stooping down and stroking him. Then he rakes the guest.
9. Why does the guest become angry?
Ans. The guest becomes angry because the cat has raked him in his legs.
10. What does the guest hand down to the cat?
Ans. The guest hands down a bit of fish to the cat.
11. Why does the cat maintain a safe distance from the guest?
Ans. The cat maintains a safe distance from the guest so that it is not kicked by him.
12. Why does the guest stoop down and stroke the cat?
Ans. The guest thinks that the cat wants his care and attention, so he stoops down and strokes the cat.
13. When does true life begin for the cat?
Ans. True life begins for the cat when the family gathers round the fire and the cat goes out of the room.
14. Where does the cat go?
Ans. The cat goes to the backyard of the house.
15. Why does the cat go to the backyard?
Ans. The cat goes to the backyard to meet his near ones.
16. Who are the enemies of the cat?
Ans. Dogs and small boys with stones are the enemies of the cat.
17. Why does the cat stretch himself?
Ans. The cat stretches himself to check if his muscles are working properly.
18. What are the dull backyards to cats?
Ans. The dull backyards are hunting grounds to cats.
19. What is the reproach against cats?
Ans. The reproach against cats is that they are more fond of their home than the people living in it.
20. What will the cat do if he is given chance?
Ans. If he is given a chance, the cat will stay at the old house with new tenants.
WBBSE Class 10th English : THE CAT (Andrew Barton Paterson) – Complete the following sentences with information from the text.(1 Mark)
1. The cat is generally considered to be an________.
Ans. unintelligent animal
2. The cat watches a mouse-hole to________.
Ans. pass his time away
3. ________is a leisure time activity for a cat.
Ans. Watching a mouse-hole
4. People get less ________ out of life than cats.
5. The Cat may die of ________.
6. During the day time, the cat ________ the house.
Ans. loafs about
7. At family tea-party, the cat appears to ________.
Ans. get job share
8. The cat rubs himself against the legs ________.
Ans. of the family members
9. The cat is particularly civil to ________.
Ans. a guest
10. The guest stoops down and ________.
Ans. strokes the cat
11. The cat rakes the guest ________.
Ans. in the leg
12. The guest pretends to be________.
13. When the family gathers round the fire, the cat________.
Ans. goes out of the room/casually goes out of the room
14. The cat jumps onto the roof of ________.
Ans. an empty shed
15. The cat rakes his claws through the ________.
Ans. soft bark of the old roof
16. The cat sends across a call________.
Ans. to his kindred
17. Other cats come ________.
18. Cats go into the suburban backyard ________.
Ans. for sport
19. The cat doesn’t like to ________.
Ans. leave his country or land where he lives
20. Instead of moving out of a house, a cat loves to attach________ himself.
Ans. to the new tenants
WBBSE Class 10th English : THE CAT (Andrew Barton Paterson) – Short Answer Questions (SAQ)(2 Marks)
1. Mention some of the habits of the cat during the daytime?
2. How does the cat behave with the guest and why so?
3. How does the cat manage to get his share of food from the guest?
4. What happens when darkness falls?
5. Why does the writer compare cats to the knights of king Arthur?
6. What wrong conception do people hold about a cat according to the author?
7. Why does the cat not want to leave his own house?
8. How does the cat keep away boredom!
9. Why does the cat look keenly from side to side?
10. How does the cat receive the bit of fish handed to him?
11. What does a cat do all day long?
12. When and why does the cat make an appearance?
13. How much intelligent is a cat?
14. What does the cat do after going out of the room?
15. Why does the cat stretch himself a few times?
WBBSE Class 10th English : THE CAT (Andrew Barton Paterson) – State whether the following statements are True or False. Write ‘T’ for True and ‘F’ for False. Write words/ phrases/sentences from the text to support answer.(2 Marks)
1. The cat loves hardship.
2. The cat does not like to be pestered.
3. A cat’s true character can be understood after the evening
4. Sometimes, the cat feels very boring.
5. The cat appears at the tea party without any intention.
6. The cat is equally civil to everyone.
7. The cat becomes tired of the guest’s care.
8. The cat injures the guest.
9. The members of the family think that the cat is intelligent.
10. The guest gives a lot of fish to the cat.
11. The guest is truely pleased with the cat’s behaviour.
12. The cat wants to stay away from the guest.
13. There are two different lives for the cat.
14. The cat has similarity with other big cats.
15. The cat is very careful about his physical fitness.
16. Other cats take a lot of time to join the cat.
17. Suburban backyards are hunting grounds to cats of all ages.
18. Backyards are very commonplace to us.
19. A cat does not know his neighbourhood very well.
20. A cat has the freedom to stay at the old house.